Friendly Blogs

Freitag, Mai 11, 2012


Katharine McPhee: Overnight Success Is a Myth

Katharine McPhee: Overnight Success Is a Myth
Katharine McPhee rocks a Prabal Gurung dress in this photo shoot fromGlamour‘s June issue, featuring cover girl Carrie Underwood.
Here’s what the 28-year-old Smash star had to share:
On making your own rules: “After my third semester of school, I came to Los Angeles just in time for pilot season and had 15 to 20 extra pounds on me. I was told, ‘Just lose some weight and you’ll be golden.’ But I knew I had talent. I went on [AmericanIdol because it was about finding the voice, not about looks. I didn’t know how else to get to that level.”
On overnight success being a myth: “After Idol, I met with Steven Spielberg, who had me in mind for Smash. It really does take time for projects to develop. I spent five or six years just plugging away, auditioning for so many things. Doing things likeShark Night 3D because I so badly wanted to work! The hardest part of the job is getting the job. That’s the job.”
On her job: “Being on set seems so glamorous. Sometimes it is, but at the end of the day, it’s a job. The way I keep my head wrapped around it all is to love the people I work with and know that I’m there to sing a song and say some lines. I’m just doing my job, and the rest of it is glitz.”
For more on Katharine, check out Glamour.com!
Also pictured inside: Katharine‘s Smash co-star Megan Hilty giving her opening night curtain call in the Encores! production of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. Make sure to catch her in the production before the limited run ends this Sunday!
katharine mcphee glamour 01
 
katharine mcphee glamour 02
 
katharine mcphee glamour 03
 
katharine mcphee glamour 04
 
katharine mcphee glamour 05
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Thank you for your comment - I wish you a wonderful day:-)


~Orianne~